Dependency problems in today's updates

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Wed Sep 26 18:27:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 12:12 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 11:57 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:06:41 -0400
> > Matthew Saltzman <mjs at CLEMSON.EDU> wrote:
> >
> > > Does that mean the workaround is to rpm -e xulrunner?
> >
> > Yes, if you happened to force the installation of xulrunner on the one
> > day it showed up (with it's broken deps), you need to remove it
> > manually.
>
> I don't recall forcing anything--it just showed up.
>
> That does fix the Firefox dep, but I still have the other problem: the
> setroubleshoot update wants selinux-policy-base, which doesn't exist
> AFAIK.
>
> Thanks.

I saw the same thing when updating with pup a few days back. It
complained about not having the correct version of selinux (along with
another dependency problem). I hit OK, unselected the other problematic
rpm, then hit update again and it went through the update fine. It
happened on all three of my F8T2 systems (two x86_64, one i386). This
could be a pup bug but generating the conditions to make it occur again
could be difficult.

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |