Fedora spin from RpmFusion

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri Sep 28 14:44:44 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Matthias Saou wrote:
>

>> What we need to do is get the feature to use add-on media at
>> installation time working again in Fedora. I had made a proof of
>> concept CD with freshrpms packages which could be used with a Fedora
>> installation a while back, but this has been "broken" ever since
>> anaconda switched to using yum as a backend (AFAIR).
>>
>> Work will be better spent on fixing Fedora, that way we can just
>> provide an add-on CD which could be used at install time and provide
>> extra categories to pick from in order to install codecs, programs, and
>> of course enable rpmfusion in yum.
>
> Completely agree on this front. A custom spin with different branding
> and name can be useful for other purposes. Somebody needs to serve as
> a test case for that.

How will it work with crediting the right peoples in such a spin and so on.
mean this is not yet another linux distro it is Fedora with extra
packages same
thing diffrent themes logo name?

Best regards
                   Johann B.

--

Johann B. Gudmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix System Engineer.
Taeknigardi, Dunhaga 5.			Email:		johannbg at hi.is
IS-107 Reykjavik.			Phone:		+354-525-4267
Iceland.				  Fax:		+354-552-8801