NetworkManager-0.7 can't make new wireless connection

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Sep 28 21:33:04 UTC 2007

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:29:40 -0400
Matthew Saltzman <mjs at CLEMSON.EDU> wrote:

> At home, I see my WPA-encrypted, broadcast-SSID router in the
> pull-down menu.  When I select it, I get prompted for a
> password/passphrase with no way to choose the encryption format.  The
> Connect button is grayed out.  Entering my passphrase (or indeed, any
> string of any length) never activates the connect button.

Right now, all input must be in HEX form.  wpa_passphrase <essid>
<passphrase> should help here.  Yes, this should be fixed in the next
build.

> As an aside, the second time I pop up the password dialog box, it is a
> tiny icon with no ability to see anything or change the size.  The
> only way to restore the box to its full size is to restart nm-applet.

This is known, not sure if there is an imminent fix forthcoming.

> "Connect to other..." and "Create new..." are still grayed out.

The UI for those is as of yet unwritten.  We hope to have it done by F8
final, but they won't make the test3 cut.

--
Jesse Keating