Fedora spin from RpmFusion

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 29 01:48:48 UTC 2007

Douglas McClendon wrote:

> "
>
> Please tell me how my above thoeretical repackaging of fedora does not
> fall into this *very* explicitly permitted scenario.

The permissions listed was done IIRC to OEM's to do post install
modifications such as ship a optional repository of software. The
guidelines are a living document and written to state the Fedora
Project's position on various things. If they are exploited to do
things, Fedora Project does not endorse, they can and will be modified
to not permit those activities.

IMO, modifying Fedora to offer Free software with patent restrictions or
non-free software is one of those things, Fedora does not want to
provide its brand towards for protecting the project goals as well as to
avoid legal liability. Maybe spot (CC'ed) can look into why these
permissions were provided in the first place.

Rahul