Fedora spin from RpmFusion

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 29 03:08:05 UTC 2007

Douglas McClendon wrote:

> Please, just accept that what I described is a perfectly valid
> *use*(!=modification) of fedora, and that the fedora project gains
> nothing by changing its well laid foundations to prevent further similar
> *uses* of fedora in the future.

Personally, I am not sure what you are proposing is a perfectly valid
use and what the legal implications of that are. It maybe that the
technical possibility wasn't thought out when the guidelines were
written or maybe the nature of the project has drifted off from when the
guidelines were originally written. I think we might do well to make
sure that those match.

Rahul