Python 3.0

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Sep 1 19:59:17 UTC 2007

On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 01:20:14AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Patrice Dumas wrote:
>> don't know if it matters, but if FESCo can limit the packages one can add
>> to fedora with technical reasons
>> accepted by the packagers themselves, then I don't think
>> Fedora is for me.
>
> If you want to consider the broader impact of things, there are things like
> alternative kernels or kernel modules or compatibility libraries etc that
> are being excluded or being considered for exclusion by reasons other than
> just the willingness of package maintainers. This isn't something new and
> we shouldn't be pretending that it is.

I am not saying that the willingness of package maintainers should be
enough to have a package in. But technical reasons, implementation
or quality should guide the rejection of the package, not FESCo
willingness. FESCo of course can make a final decision, but only
when there is indeed a disagreement and a side has a sound rational.

--
Pat