iwl3945 - kill switch issue - how do I contribute

dragoran drago01 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 09:19:45 UTC 2007

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi, I have HP nx7300 laptop with Intel 3945ABG wifi card.
>
> It doesn't work under rawhide and I get a message after loading
> iwl3945 module that my RF Kill Switch is ON even if it is OFF !

maybe you are just confused here
killswitch ON means card OFF
killswitch OFF means card ON

btw works for me (iwl3945; kernel-2.6.22.4-65.fc7; hw killswitch)

does your card have an software or hardware killswitch?
also what do you mean by "device list" does networkmanager not detect it?
I submitted patches for upstream hal to support iwl3945/4965 and ipw*
killswitch so that nm works with them (patches are in hal 0.5.10-rcX
which is in rawhide).
> Where can I contribute my time and feedback? It fedora-devel an
> appropriate mailing list or should I go upstream (where is iwl3945
> project page?!?) ?

http://intellinuxwireless.org/
If you want to bring it upstream post to ipw3945-devel
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ipw3945-devel

PS:
please stop using ! and ?!? all over the place try to be objective.