Making "upstream" tarballs available

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 2 23:19:29 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 10:33 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:21:51 -0700
> Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > * free form web space.  That allows hosting yum repos for the
> > projects, download sites, non-trac-wiki space, etc.
> >
> > * Move the repositories to a separate server from the one that hosts
> > our package SCM.  (Waiting on hardware for this)
>
> Agreed.  These are the major two issues that have kept us from lifting
> Hosted from a Beta program to a Production environment and advertising
> it and actively seeking developers to host their projects with us.
>
> fedorapeople.org is proving a great test run for providing webspace to
> contributors, and we can learn from it when creating such a thing for
> hosted.fp.o.

Yes, at this point we could make a releases.fp.o with similar
restrictions as fedorapeople.o, but we need:

1. a host/instance to run it on
2. the disk space behind it - probably not that much 20-30gb

I don't think there is that resource available atm in a place where we
can allow ssh logins. I'll ask.

-sv