NR1. Reduce boot time by disabling services!

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at hi.is
Tue Sep 4 00:24:29 UTC 2007

Creating an more constructive threat as Arthur suggested dealing
with one topic at a time.

1. Can we reduce service at startup to decrease boot time?

2. Can we enable service based on underlying hardware during installation?

3. Should we or should we not make the hardware detected enabled
   services make due as default enabled services during installation
   ( Given that that is possible! )

3. If services can be enabled based on hardware during installation
   when should the user configure which services he will start?

   A.During installation faze ( Anaconda )?

   B.During first boot configuration?

   C.After he logs in for the first time or when ever he choose to do so.

4. If we reduce service at boot time which service should/can be disabled
    and which services should/must be enabled?

5. Can we enable service after installation by hardware detection,
   Let's say I plug in my usb bluetooth dongle bluetooth dongle detected
   bluetooth service enabled, plug my printer to the printer port printer
   service enabled etc.

Best regards
         Johann B.