iced-tea backport to f7?

Kevin Verma kevinverma at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 22:57:01 UTC 2007

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 12:33 -0700, Dan Young wrote:
>> On 9/4/07, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Would be nice to try this on f7.
>> yum --enablerepo=development install java-1.7.0-icedtea
>
> I don't know much about this icedtea java stuff.  I read it includes a
> browser plug-in with the rpm?  Is this the same plugin as the java one
> from sun, or at least works the same?

See -
http://spindazzle.org/greenblog/index.php?/archives/73-IcedTea-is-Fedorable.html

At-least I tested the IcedTea web plugin on F8-rawhide, at it works like
  charm for most usage, but it did not worked for an Oracle legacy app
at my work.

The legacy app in question did detected the plugin an fired the applet
but the app seems to have faced some in-compatibilities. I'll be glad to
know if its possible to have any workarounds.

Cheers,
Kevin