Plan for tomorrows (20070906) FESCO meeting

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 02:32:10 UTC 2007

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:41:02 -0700
Peter Gordon <peter at thecodergeek.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 19:49 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> > Probably, though I'm against killing it. I'll probably bring this
> > up for discussion at the end of the meeting, since we have some
> > other topics that are a lot more pressing.
>
> Yeah, I'm against killing it for the same reasons as have been stated.
> Just was curious, that's all. :)

How's this for odd.  We asked to kill it on -maintainers and nobody
objected.  We blurb about it on -devel and now we get objections?
Crazy!

So we have now 'fedora-devel-announce' which is used to announce things
pertinent to the developers of (and on) Fedora.  People who want low
traffic, just the announces please can subscribe to that.  I'd even
like to force all new contributors to subscribe to it.  This list echos
to fedora-devel list right now, so that if you're on -devel, you get
the postings, and all followup discussion.  The reality is that
development of, and development on Fedora are so closely tied that
trying to have a different list for each just doesn't work.  That's why
I'm proposing that -maintainers gets shut down, all discussion goes
back to -devel list, and people can subscribe to fedora-devel-announce
if they just want the low traffic announcements.

--
Jesse Keating