Goal: Increased Modularity?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Sep 6 08:08:17 UTC 2007

Le Jeu 6 septembre 2007 09:54, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :

>> I don't particularly care how the files are managed or where they
>> live.
>
> Then you won't ever understand why something works or not and how to
> fix your problems.

To expand a little more: all the jpp packaging of closed jvm does is
moving files to standardised places and/or symlinking them there. So
file layout is the alpha and omega of what you need to know.

(Plus some virtual provides and font stuff that's better forgotten,
because the legacy core font backend proprietary java uses is just
plain inadequate for current needs.)

--
Nicolas Mailhot