Goal: Increased Modularity?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Sep 6 12:54:21 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 18:26:17 -0400,
  Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com> wrote:

> As of 1.5.15 the world turned inside out and upside down and mutt
> grew support for SMTP:
>
> http://dev.mutt.org/trac/browser/ChangeLog#L1183
>
> (The temperature in Hades may have even dropped by a few degrees, but
> that's not confirmed. :)

That news is a shocker. A long time ago, I used to follow the dev list and
people seemed pretty adamant about it. (For what I think are good reasons.)

> Are there a lot of mutt users who aren't capable of doing the needed
> configuration to match their setup?  It seems like one package that
> could survive without a "hold the users hand" approach to the possible
> things it might depend on.  ;-)

Where I work we have one or two. Professors who used command line from
way back, but just knew enough about that to get their stuff done. Now
they are reluctant to change.