FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-09-06

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Sep 6 23:50:59 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 <at> freenet.de> writes:
> [1] IMO, this FESCO decision is a fault and mistake, we all will regret.
> It molests maintainers with long term development babbling and molests
> "application developers" with "bureaucracy of Fedora package
> maintenance" - It's not helpful to both parties.

Well, the biggest problem with -maintainers was that it was only postable
through on subscription (which also kept people from using tools like the GMane
NNTP and web interfaces) and that subscription was essentially limited to
existing maintainers (which kept not only the random users out, but even people
with legitimate content to post).

        Kevin Kofler