aot-compile-rpm suggestion

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 03:45:37 UTC 2007

Due to operator error, I managed to create an empty jar file
(containing only META-INF/MANIFEST.MF).  Then aot-compile-rpm crashed:

+ /usr/bin/aot-compile-rpm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/aot-compile-rpm", line 66, in <module>
    compiler.compile()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/aotcompile.py", line 98, in compile
    self.writeMakefile(MAKEFILE, jobs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/aotcompile.py", line 124, in
writeMakefile
    (job.dsoName(), job.dbName()) for job in jobs]))}
TypeError: reduce() of empty sequence with no initial value
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.78936 (%install)

It took me a little digging through the code to figure out what that
crash meant.  In case others manage to trigger the same situation, it
would be good to catch this exception and issue a "You dummy, there's
nothing in your JAR file!" message instead.
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/