FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-09-06

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Fri Sep 7 10:48:23 UTC 2007

> If fedora-devel and fedora-test lists are being merged, the update
> notifications for test updates should probably be send to
> fedora-package-announce list under a new mailman topic and replies
> redirected to this list or the newly created fedora-devel-users list.

I think that users are going to confuse these lists no matter what,
unless either everyone is all on one list, or you have two totally
distinct lists, that people can surely distinguish between the two.

Such as fedora-devel-users@ (beta/rawhide users, maintainers, etc.) and
fedora-project-discuss@ (How fedora as a whole - docs, web, product -
are discussed to guide it into the promise land).  And the lists
descriptions need be worded as dummied down as possible so they are
totally known they are not the same.

The names obviously could be something else if needed, but you get the
idea.  Just trying to help one way or the other :)

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"