FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-09-06

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 16:52:46 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Yes, it had been a closed list and maintainers did get automatically
> subscribed to it - The FESCO of the time this was decided, this approach
> wise - I never did - But THEM decided otherwise.

So essentially you're agreeing that the way -maintainers was handled/set
up by the old FESCo was wrong.  Which is basically what the current
FESCo decided.  We can go on for days discussing various ways to fix it,
but we decided that since it was broken, removing the broken bit was the
best course of action for now since it provided a disservice to many
people as evidenced by the complaints on the various lists about it by
the very people who IMO we were trying to target.  If you have a better
solution for lists to actually serve the needs of the community, please
propose it to FESCo.