Plan for tomorrows (20070906) FESCO meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Sep 8 05:37:04 UTC 2007

On 08.09.2007 02:39, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>
> [...]
>> The real solution IMHO is to make two lists:
>>
>> * a "developers" list, where only developers (be it Fedora developers,
>> developers of other distributions or developers of Linux Software we
>> ship) discuss. Make it moderated for a months or two to enforce the
>> target audience -- I suppose afterwards it will work without moderation
>> if we are a bit careful and point people to the right list.
>
> Doesn't work.

I agree that there is a risk that it doesn't work perfectly, but I
suppose it will work better then now.

There was also the idea to make it moderated fo ever (which IIRC ubuntu
did for their major devel-list) for non-developers (witch should
includes upstream developers or people developing somewhere in the
Linux-space), but some people didn't like that due to the work that will
be needed for it.

> A list needs a (somewhat fascist) owner to keep posters in
> line.

Well, I'd say "support from those on the list" is the better approach.
Just like in #fedora-devel on freenode you even for easy questions
should not get more detailed answers on lists than "your question is
off-topic here; go to list foo instead".

CU
knurd