Enhancement proposal for Firefox

Adalbert Prokop adalbert.prokop at gmx.de
Mon Sep 10 22:27:34 UTC 2007

Christopher Aillon schrieb am Montag, 10. September 2007:

Hi Christopher!

> > 1. Give the user the choice which version of Firefox is started,
> >    especially on 64-bit architectures.

> You should look into playing with nspluginwrapper.

I already stumbled over this project. :-) The flash and AcrobatReader can
be wrapped. But then there is still a big piece missing: Java.

GCC-Java has not matured far enough. Sun does not provide a 64 bit plugin.
(I was very astonished about it...) And Blackdown has only Java 1.4.2
which crashed Firefox repeatable when surfing on www.map24.de.

So which options does one have under such cicumstances? :-)

--
bye,
Adalbert

There but for the grace of God, goes God. -- Winston Churchill, speaking
of Sir Stafford Cripps.