Changing a Package's Name.

Jochen Schmitt Jochen at herr-schmitt.de
Tue Sep 11 18:09:59 UTC 2007

Steve Dickson schrieb:
> Upstream has renamed a package. So I was wondering what
> would the best approach to handle this. Create an entirely new
> package or do some type of rename in CVS pool?
>
> The rename is libgssapi to libgssglue which will
> effect all the dependences for the nfs-utils* packages.

I think, you should add a CVS-Admin request to create a new module with
the new package name
and start the retired package procedure described on

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife

for the module with the old name. In the dead.package file you should
write, that the package
was renamed and where you can find the renamed package.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt