Announcing rpmfusion

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 21:42:20 UTC 2007

On 11/09/2007, Jarod Wilson <jwilson at redhat.com> wrote:

> Chris Jones wrote:
> > Also, +1 to the fact its not as good a news as if ATrpms had also been
> > incorporated. If rpmfusion and ATrpms turn out as (in)compatible as say
> > livna and ATrpms are now, then on a practical level the merger is no
> > where near as useful as it could have been.
>
> Yeah, +10 to it being nowhere as good as if ATrpms were included in the
> merger, since the bulk of the overlap/conflicts in the 3rd-party repo
> world are between livna and ATrpms. Now they'll just be between
> rpmfusion and ATrpms. Suck. End-users still lose.

Yeah but it sucks less and end-users lose less. My conflicts have been
between freshrpms and livna on occasion. Plus once all the dust has settled
maybe things can be tweaked and merges can be discussed again. Its a good
thing.

Anyway, nvidia will soon be open source their drivers in response to ATI and
we'll lose a whole lot of conflict in one go. :D

<Porcine volant>

Cheers
Chris
--