Announcing rpmfusion

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Sep 12 00:40:06 UTC 2007

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:02:40 +0000 (UTC)
> Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
>
> > Rahul Sundaram <sundaram <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
> > > Thanks for this split. Hopefully we will able to link to the free
> > > part from within Fedora.
> >
> > Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to. The stuff in the
> > free part (or most of it, at least) is going to be exactly the stuff
> > which Legal is most uncomfortable with: Free Software, but
> > patent-encumbered in the US.
>
> And really, if we could reference it, then why the crap couldn't we
> just package it in our repo?

The installer asks you to locate your time-zone.  Couldn't you use this
as a trigger for including the US patent encumbered stuff for non US
citizens.

Oh and could this be used for setting my paper preference to A4 by
default instead of having to change this each time I set up a printer?

R.

> --
 It's much better on my side"