Announcing rpmfusion

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 00:53:55 UTC 2007

On 9/11/07, Rodd Clarkson <rodd at clarkson.id.au> wrote:
> The installer asks you to locate your time-zone.  Couldn't you use this
> as a trigger for including the US patent encumbered stuff for non US
> citizens.

I'm pretty sure it would be just as inappropriate for me, as a US
citizen, to be in a US embassy in Spain as it would be for me to be in
Seattle.

-jef"Clearly the solution is to start supporting US passport swiping
technology at install time, so that each US citizen can 'register'
with the US government their intent to perform a Fedora install, and
the US government can tell the installer exactly what that US citizen
is allowed to install, based on their personalized US government
profile. Registered republicans would be unable to install 'gimp',
registered Democrats would be unable to install 'gnucash', and
Libertarians would be forced to install a government approved
keylogger"spaleta