Announcing rpmfusion

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Sep 12 15:58:37 UTC 2007

On 12.09.2007 17:44, Bill Crawford wrote:
> On 12/09/2007, Jima <jima at beer.tclug.org> wrote:
>
>>   Couldn't this be managed by rpmfusion using a comps file, and grouping
>> various packages with "DVD support," "MP3 support," or whatnot?  `yum
>> groupinstall "DVD Support"`...
> I think that's the best suggestion on how to balance packaging versus
> usability, so far ...

FYI for Livna I tried something else, but it didn't work out. I just
used the same groups as Fedora in Livna (as Fedora Extras did in the
past for Core as well) and made some crucial packages 'type="default"'
-- for example gstreamer-plugins-ugly for the "GNOME Desktop
Environment" . I assumed anaconda would then install
gstreamer-plugins-ugly by default as "GNOME Desktop Environment" is
selected by default. But anaconda/pirut did not do that (and I assume it
still don't).

I think they should (I filed a bug, but it got closed iirc), as that way
would be the cleanest for a 3rd party repo to get the right packages
(e.g. depending on the groups they selected) to the users.

Cu
knurd