Announcing rpmfusion

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Sep 12 16:13:13 UTC 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:58:37 +0200
Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:

> FYI for Livna I tried something else, but it didn't work out. I just
> used the same groups as Fedora in Livna (as Fedora Extras did in the
> past for Core as well) and made some crucial packages 'type="default"'
> -- for example gstreamer-plugins-ugly for the "GNOME Desktop
> Environment" . I assumed anaconda would then install
> gstreamer-plugins-ugly by default as "GNOME Desktop Environment" is
> selected by default. But anaconda/pirut did not do that (and I assume
> it still don't).
>
> I think they should (I filed a bug, but it got closed iirc), as that
> way would be the cleanest for a 3rd party repo to get the right
> packages (e.g. depending on the groups they selected) to the users.

At initial install time, if the livna repo is added, then what is
selected by default is the aggregate of all the repos contents of a
group.  So yes, at install time this would be selected.  After that
though, stuff isn't magically "added" just because it's marked as a
default in a group when you launch pirut, nor should it.

--
Jesse Keating