Package EOL troubles

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Wed Sep 12 19:03:02 UTC 2007

Because of an upstream name change, some time ago, I built a version of
suitesparse, which obsoletes ufsparse, and is now in rawhide. I have
tried to complete the package EOL process for ufsparse (remove
everything and check in a dead.package file), but I can no longer commit
changes because for some reason I have been removed from the ACL. The
next step in the instructions was to send an e-mail to
rel-eng at fedoraproject.org requesting removal of the package from the
repository, which I did weeks ago, including an explanation of my
inability to check in changes to rpms/ufsparse/devel. Also, someone else
mentioned that ufsparse should be removed from rawhide on this list
nearly a month ago. The package is still in the rawhide repository. Is
there something else I should have done?

Quentin