openoffice-pyuno and external python programs

Zoltan Kota z.kota at gmx.net
Wed Sep 12 21:18:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

Files from openoffice.org-pyuno are installed under
/usr/lib/openoffice.org2.0. So, 'import uno' from python gives an import
error. How should we support external programs to use this module? Should
we patch the program to import uno.py from this directory
somehow? Or would be better to change the installation path in the
openoffice.org-pyuno package?
Debian for instance installs
/usr/share/pycentral/python-uno/site-packages/uno.py
/usr/share/pycentral/python-uno/site-packages/unohelper.py
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pyuno.so

Zoltan