Disable IPv6 by default.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Sep 13 14:35:20 UTC 2007

Mark wrote:
> 2007/9/13, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at hi.is>:
>
>> Let's disable IPv6 by default and let the user enable it.
>> Which means if not enabled, all service's and configuration should be
>> clean of IPv6 entry's
>> until enabled.
>>
>> The WorldWideWeb is far from switching to IPv6.
>> Institutions/company's wont spent $$$ in buying expensive IPv6 or dual
>> capable IPv4/IPv6 Hardware
>> unless they are forced to do due so...
>>
>> I don't know the strategy behind this  decision  from the beginning?
>> ( maybe publicity  stunt  or to show the world we could  )
>> Yeah, weee, the crowd goes wild *applause applause*
>>
>> Throw the dice and see if you make the reality check..
>>
>> Let's turn it of by default and reconsider it after 3 - 5 years or later
>>
>> Best regards.
>>             Johann B.
>>

> Hi,
>
> it would be stupid to disable it now that it's in (for a while) there
> are sites and servers out there that use IPv6 so for that reason alone
> it should be enabled. It's also the future for the internet ip's so it
> just should be in fedora (and not because it's in vista).
>
> Mark.

If enabled ( upgrade would keep it enabled )
Otherwise manually choose to enabled it during install ( Anaconda )
If not enabled, config and services should be left explicitly to IPv4

Best regards
            Johann B.

--

Johann B. Gudmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix System Engineer.
Taeknigardi, Dunhaga 5.			Email:		johannbg at hi.is
IS-107 Reykjavik.			Phone:		+354-525-4267
Iceland.				  Fax:		+354-552-8801