Disable IPv6 by default.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Sep 13 16:04:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 09:59 -0600, Richi Plana wrote:
> To be honest, THAT'S the first time I've heard of that solution. Every
> other piece of documentation says edit /etc/modprobe.conf,
> edit /etc/sysconfig/network and/or edit /etc/sysctl.cfg
>
> Thanks for the help.

Well, using /etc/modprobe.d is fairly much the same as
editing /etc/modprobe.conf

We _used_ to kind of theoretically be able to set NETWORKING_IPV6=no
in /etc/sysconfig/network, but that apparently didn't really work
anyway, and so it's been removed.

I know not what you might have edited in /etc/sysctl.cfg

--
dwmw2