Announcing Fedora 8 Test 2 (7.91)

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Thu Sep 13 16:36:24 UTC 2007

> Richi Plana wrote:
>

> > I might just burn a couple of these spins and give them to former
> > colleagues who've not tried developing on Linux, yet. I hope the docs
> > (User's and API references are complete or bookmarked on Firefox)
>
> I don't think anything like that has been done yet but it could be
> easily done since bookmarks were separated out in a different package in
> the last release. File RFE's or bug reports for any desired changes.

What do I file the RFE against?

It's just that whenever I talk about ease-of-development, the first
thing that I bring up is documentation that makes it easy. And for that,
I always go back to Javadoc. It is, by and large, the best way to hook a
developer into using ones code. Unfortunately, the thing I noticed is
that when I install javadoc packages (including the Sun manual), no
links pointing to it are ever added. If there's an API to adding
bookmarks to Firefox externally (or, better yet, a global bookmarks file
for all browsers), that would help a lot. Imagine -devel packages
hooking their documentations into Firefox. (I understand yelp is doing
it but most of the good stuff is formatted a'la Javadoc and/or is
available online like http://library.gnome.org/devel/
--

Richi Plana