rawhide report: 20070912 changes

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Sep 13 16:44:22 UTC 2007

Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Forgive me for wading in here, but upstream *has* to be where .pc files
> show up, and if they don't show up there, we absolutely shouldn't be
> adding them to binary packages.  I believe this very strongly.

But there are actually cases where .pc files are being added in Fedora
packages, for reasons such as the upstream foo-config script not being
multilib-safe (so it gets replaced with multilibbed .pc files and a wrapper
foo-config script which just calls pkgconfig). There are also other reasons for
adding .pc files in the distribution.

That said, I do think this point needs to be taken upstream.

        Kevin Kofler