Disable IPv6 by default.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Sep 13 16:59:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 12:13 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> This entire thread was a perfect example.  It isn't a question of whether or
> not to enable IPv6; if we want IPv6, fix the bugs that adding it
> introduces.  Don't add options to enable it or disable it.

There are occasionally valid reasons to disable it to work around real
breakage. Sometimes I've known a DNS server on a hotel network just fail
to respond at all to AAAA queries. They fixed it within a day or so of
it being reported, but I did need a workaround in the meantime.

But yes, this whole thread is noticeably short of bug numbers.

--
dwmw2