Disable IPv6 by default.

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Sep 13 19:42:57 UTC 2007

On Do September 13 2007, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> Please provide proof of your claims.  where is the security risk?   Johann.
> why exactly do you want ipv6 disabled?

The problem are setups that use a custom iptables configuration but not
ip6tables. I guess not enough people know, that they should also configure
ip6tables or disable ipv6. Btw. according to the documentation the correct
syntax to disable ipv6 ist to add

| IPV6INIT=no
to /etc/sysconfig/network

But this does not work reliable for me on FC6,

Regards,
Till