Please, make lftp orphaned!!!

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri Sep 14 17:41:26 UTC 2007

Denis Leroy wrote:
> Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>> On 9/14/07, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
>>> With as answers:
>>> 1) Ask for help on fedora-devel-list
>>> 2) If the app is written in C ask Hans.
>>
>> I think a broken code response group is a good idea.
>>
>> Generalize it a bit so we can gather a group of people who have skillz
>> in a number of different programming subareas.. not just C.
>>
>> -jef"Such a group would need a kickass acronym and t-shirts"spaleta
>
> I've also helped out a C/C++ related stuff on a few occasions. So there
> is a Bug Squad reponse team :-)

Okay, so we have 2 c / c++ people for routing help request too (my C is better
then my C++ though), what about other languages?

I think that just using the list for help requests probably is best, last time
there was an issue I was planning on fixing it and Dennis beat me to it (before
I even started looking) so just sending things to the list seems to work well,
otherwise we will need some complicated dispatch mechanism for help requests to
reach the proper persons.

I think that we just need to stimulate sending out help requests more. Every
now and then I go on a bug hunt in bugzilla and find many bugs which are
usually fixable within the hour for someone with the necessary skills and
willing to do the job.

If this encouraging of asking for help leads to too much noise on this list
then we can start a fedora-devel-help list where people prepared to help others
like me and Dennis can subscribe too.

Regards,

Hans