Disable IPv6 by default.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri Sep 14 17:52:47 UTC 2007

James Hubbard wrote:
> On 9/14/07, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at hi.is> wrote:
>
>> Ps.
>>          For all you IPv6 Fan boys out there how well is it working when
>> implemented???
>>          How well is it working out site your LAN/WAN and communicating
>> with the rest off the world???
>>          How well is strictly use of IPv6 working in communicating out
>> site LAN/WAN deployment..
>>          How well are ( M$ ) clients handling falling to IPv4 when there
>> is no IPv6 AAAA records in DNS servers.
>>
>>          For a fact company's aren't gonna switch unless ( forced or
>> business wize ) they have to <periot>
>>
>> I vote turn it of by default.
>>

> IPV6 is coming and it's not far away.  Some will not update their
> fedora systems for a long time even if they can't get support.  (I
> know of several FC 2, 3, 4 installations.) It's important for systems
> that can support ipv6 to just work when it  does become popular.

Wanted to know from real setups how the clients are handling failing to
IPv4
when for example and  an IPv6  AAAA dns record isn't available  and the
client
has to fall back to IPv4.

As in is it all working in the IPv6 Promised land....

IPv6 only LAN/WAN ( site to site ) setups work like charm everbody knows
that.
The real *f* happens when you have deal with using anything outsite your
LAN/WAN.
And company's cant be forced to switch or support both IPv4 and IPv6.....

> I suggest that you search for some information.  I used google with
> the terms "ipv6 comcast".   Here are some links:
> http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0606/durand.html
> http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-54/presentations/IPv6_management.pdf
> http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2007/innovate/winners/comcast.html
>
> Already enabled on some US wireless networks.
> http://blogs.technet.com/ipv6/archive/2007/05/06/mythbusters-1-no-one-is-using-ipv6.aspx

Dont need google start here

http://www.icann.org
http://www.iana.org
http://www.lacnic.net
http://www.arin.net
http://www.root-servers.org

Best regards
               Johann B.

--
Jóhann B. Guðmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix Kerfistjóri.
Tæknigarði, Dunhaga 5.			Rafpóstur:	johannbg at hi.is
107 Reykjavík.				     Sími:	525-4267
Ísland.					Bréfasími:	552-8801

Johann B. Gudmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix System Engineer.
IT Management.
Reiknistofnun University of Iceland.
Taeknigardi, Dunhaga 5.			Email:		johannbg at hi.is
IS-107 Reykjavik.			Phone:		+354-525-4267
Iceland.				  Fax:		+354-552-8801