Fwd: Graphical Shutdown

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Sep 18 18:16:53 UTC 2007

Once upon a time, Leszek Matok <Lam at Lam.pl> said:
> If your service is going to break whenever it gets killed, it's also going to
> break whenever the power is lost, whenever the kernel panics and whenever I
> accidentaly push the button. I don't believe Fedora ships such broken
> software :)

I use Linux to avoid random OS crashes, I have redundant power to avoid
random power failures, and I don't let others near the boxes to avoid
random button pushes.

I expect my system to shut down cleanly.  Databases, filesystems, etc.
are much happier when the rug isn't pulled out from under them.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>