Root login in rawhide and display managers

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 13:42:35 UTC 2007

On 9/19/07, Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 06:23:28PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > There was some discussions in fedora-desktop list into moving this
> > option away from first boot into Anaconda itself so that this would be
> > mandatory. This is indeed a good thing to do in this instance. Do file a
> > RFE in Anaconda. The idea was to entirely get rid of first boot if
>
> If you file an RFE please post the number here so I can attach a violent
> disagreement to the bug

Alan, we are trying to improve the experience for the specific
audience of artists, developers and the like who download the Desktop
Live image from the web site and want to install it on a laptop or
home PC.  No one is saying that all these changes are applicable to
every situation in which Linux is used.

No one is advocating taking away the old style Linux installation (the
Fedora "choose your own adventure" DVD).