Root login in rawhide and display managers

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 14:04:59 UTC 2007

On 9/19/07, Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com> wrote:

> And my violent objection would be to forcing the creation of a local user
> account IFF the user has not selected any remote authentication scheme.

As the desktop spin is designed for home users on laptops, I don't
think it should offer remote authentication as an option during
installation at all, so there is no failure scenario here.  For people
who want to set up labs of Fedora desktop machines - that's what the
DVD and kickstart files are for.