Xulrunner in Fedora 8

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Sep 19 18:26:05 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 16:41 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Actually the patch in question seems to be applied already -- the only
> problem seems to be that while $(OS_TEST) used to be set to 'ppc' it's
> now set to 'powerpc', so the makefile fails to select a set of stubs
> and the build aborts (yay, aborts rather than silently building a
> broken library, like it used to). I assume it'll be the same issue for
> ppc64/powerpc64. but will let the 32-bit build finish first.

Ah, the patch also needs to be updated to the one from mozilla bug
#361415, rather than the older patch for firefox 1.5 thru 2.0. One more
minor change to a function name and it seems to build the xptc bits fine
(with the attached patch). It still fails for me in in mock, but I
hereby declare this error to be Someone Else's Problem™:

/usr/include/bits/unistd.h: In function 'int gethostname(char*, size_t)':
/usr/include/bits/unistd.h:225: error: declaration of 'int gethostname(char*, size_t) throw ()' throws different exceptions
/usr/include/unistd.h:845: error: from previous declaration 'int gethostname(char*, size_t)'
/usr/include/bits/unistd.h: In function 'int getdomainname(char*, size_t)':
/usr/include/bits/unistd.h:243: error: declaration of 'int getdomainname(char*, size_t) throw ()' throws different exceptions
/usr/include/unistd.h:864: error: from previous declaration 'int getdomainname(char*, size_t)'
gmake[5]: *** [nsGREGlue.o] Error 1

--
dwmw2