Root login in rawhide and display managers

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Wed Sep 19 14:24:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 07:34 -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 08:25:54AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> >> Proposed alternative: enable root logins, but customize the default root
> >> GUI environment so it is a clear and simple rescue/configuration
> >> workspace,
> >> not just another user's desktop.
> >
> > Thats an extremely good idea and one I like a great deal
>
> +1 </meetoo>

Well, if it is ever decided to re-allow root login, then +1 to that
idea. Regular gnome sessions and KDE sessions just require so many user
processes to run and some to even daemonize themselves that it's scary
to think they've root privileges. I mean, who knows how well they're
written and what kind of havoc they could cause.

As for the X environment, give them TWM, ;).
--

Richi Plana