yum pulling in 386 packages

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sat Sep 22 16:14:18 UTC 2007

On Saturday 22 September 2007 11:14:02 David Woodhouse wrote:
> > So, those of you with pristine 64 bit machines, watch out for this or 32
> > bit packages will start creeping back into your system. Is this a known
> > problem or should a bz be filed?
>
> Hm, how did you get a pristine 64-bit machine?

One day a couple months ago, I noticed I was about to download > 100 Mb of
packages that I would never use (I think it was all the 386 kde packages), so
I did a yum remove of every 386 or 686 package I could find. Doing "yum
update" has not pulled any 386 packages back in until today.

> Did bug #235756 get fixed?

no idea....

-Steve