Please modify your OpenGL using games to use opengl-games-utils

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 25 16:45:53 UTC 2007

Richi Plana wrote:

> Of course, there's really nothing we can do about it at this point, but
> I was wondering if there was a better way to mitigate the problem (like
> add instructions on the error dialog for getting the needed drivers in
> as few steps as possible).

The wrapper will atleast inform you why the drivers aren't available and
IMO we should be encouraging the use of Free software drivers especially
at this point since both Intel and more recently ATI have come up with
them leaving Nvidia as as the odd man out which hopefully Nouveau (which
we already include) covers at a later stage.

> Otherwise you may as well call the release
> 3D-Games-For-Intel-and-other-open-source-friendly-hardware-vendors
> Release.

Well essentially Fedora is strongly Free software oriented anyway.
Compared to the current experience this is a improvement.

Rahul