Fedora 7 Updates Busted Again?

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 22:37:41 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 03:36:29PM -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
>

>> Did the Fedora 7 updates get whacked again? It seems my mirror of
>> kernel.org just deleted almost all the F7 updates.
>
> Yep!!
>
> Jesse and company are working on it.

Most of the arches are probably restored by now.

So, we've been having some mash memory issues lately, and have had some
trouble composing the f7-updates repo.  The mash/createrepo processes
would either get killed or bodhi would not update generate the
updateinfo or update the f7-updates symlink properly.

This morning I saw that last night's mash had completed successfully, so I
updated the f7-updates symlink -- just as bodhi was running its weekly
repo-cleaner that removes all of the repos that aren't being pointed to.
Which also seemed to occur right when our latest repo was syncing live.
Very unfortunate timing.

I'm going to write some extensive sanity checks into bodhi's masher to
ensure that this does not occur again.  We should also increase our data
retention to a little bit longer than an hour :(

luke