i810switch -> xrandr for F8

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Sep 28 00:23:43 UTC 2007

The i810switch program has been around for a while, and it forces the
Intel i810 - i945 series video chips to enable or disable the external
VGA or LCD panel video output devices on a laptop.  i810switch has not
had an update since June 2005.

In Fedora 8, the xrandr application provides this same functionality,
natively in the Xorg subsystem.

In my limited testing, xrandr works on the i810 class hardware I have
access to.

I'd like to drop i810switch from the distribution for Fedora 8, and
add a release note suggesting users of i810switch use xrandr instead.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt

--