Fedora spin from RpmFusion

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri Sep 28 13:34:32 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:57:08 +0000
> ""Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"" <johannbg at hi.is> wrote:
>

>> Will this be available on fedoraprojects.org as in
>> will Max Spevack put his money where is mouth is so I quote Max
>> "So go forth and mix your own Fedora. And then come back and share it
>> with us, and we’ll put it up on the _*Fedora website for others to
>> use also.*_"
>> ref. ( http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/05/31/remixing-fedora-7/ )
>> Or was this just a pr c...
>>

> Remix implies that you take the package set and do something
> interesting with it, not just add a bunch of stuff from outside
> Fedora.  Furthermore, regardless of location, Fedora isn't interested
> in patent encumbered software, as it's not free for /everybody/.  It's
> entirely uninteresting to promote such a thing.

The Fedora-unity re-spins could be posted on fedoraprojects.org
along with the official img right?

They just contain updates and nothing outside the fedora repo tree.
( And their FC6 respin release didn't contain the whole FC6 I586 issue
that slipped through QA )

And I think that Max Spevack ( or any Red Hat/Fedora offical )
should contact them and offer them to post their images along with the
official ones.

That alone would be progress in the right direction ( and save users
bandwith and long update time )

Best regards
              Johann  B.

--

Johann B. Gudmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix System Engineer.
Taeknigardi, Dunhaga 5.			Email:		johannbg at hi.is
IS-107 Reykjavik.			Phone:		+354-525-4267
Iceland.				  Fax:		+354-552-8801