Fedora spin from RpmFusion

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri Sep 28 14:29:04 UTC 2007

Matthias Saou wrote:
> Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote :
>

>> We gonna start an Rpmfusion Fedora spin giving user
>> the much wanted/needed media support in Fedora.
>>

> My take on this (initially posted to the rpmfusion list) :
>
> "We should not. I think it's just not worth it, especially since it
> would have to be called something completely different, and include non
> trademarked artwork.
>
> What we need to do is get the feature to use add-on media at
> installation time working again in Fedora. I had made a proof of
> concept CD with freshrpms packages which could be used with a Fedora
> installation a while back, but this has been "broken" ever since
> anaconda switched to using yum as a backend (AFAIR).
>
> Work will be better spent on fixing Fedora, that way we can just
> provide an add-on CD which could be used at install time and provide
> extra categories to pick from in order to install codecs, programs, and
> of course enable rpmfusion in yum.

You still need to create the cd.
You still need to provide the cd which my guess is cant be done on
fedoraproject.org

That would be the ideal solution that if you have internet connection
you could getting it from there or just
choose it in Anaconda ( User provided with some disclaimer accepts it,
his responsibility viola ),
Guess legal has problem with that other wise I guess it would have been
implemented already..

Regarding adding more cd's or *additional cd's* I think is step backwards.
 ( Any one remembering happy multi floppy diskette time
debian/slackware what was it around 10 -15 diskettes
But then again I could be the only one who expirienced Bad Sectors
through out the years. )

Best regards
               Johann B.

--

Johann B. Gudmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix System Engineer.
Taeknigardi, Dunhaga 5.			Email:		johannbg at hi.is
IS-107 Reykjavik.			Phone:		+354-525-4267
Iceland.				  Fax:		+354-552-8801