Feature or bug? (strange?) yum behaviour

James Antill james at fedoraproject.com
Wed Apr 2 00:06:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 17:49 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> > * Les Mikesell [02/04/2008 00:27] :
> >> I specifically complained about the version in FC6, but the reason it
> >> matters is that I have a large number of an equivalent version in Centos
> >> that I'll have to put up with for years.
> >
> > Have you tried asking the CentOS guys to update their yum package?
>
> The CentOS policy is to maintain strict and exact compatibility with
> their upstream

 Not true, the current version of yum in CentOS-5 is not the exact same
version as their upstream.
 So I'll take that to mean "No, I didn't bother, I just felt like
complaining on fedora-devel-list about a version that has been
unsupported for three months".

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.com>
Fedora