Fedora (again) forces me to disable SELinux

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 17:18:01 UTC 2008

2008/4/3, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com>:
> Here's what people asking for the removal of SELinux don't seem to understand.
>

>  When you remove SELinux, those of use who want to have it essentially
>  can't have it (yes you can always recompile yourself). When you leave
>  SELinux in, those of you who don't want it can simply turn it off.
>
>  Bad example, but it's like deciding whether or not to put a light bulb
>  in a room. If there is no light bulb, no one can have light. If there
>  is one, you can always just switch it off when you don't want light.

To stay on your light bulb.
It might not be the best thing to show down the light bulb like
Mr.Bean does in one of his videos so having the light bulb BUT turning
it off by default is better for the environment :) only turn it on
when you need the light.

and for that fedora needs to change the current state of that light
bulb from on to off by default