OptimizationKit 0.1.2-rc1

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Sun Apr 6 19:47:32 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram píše v Po 07. 04. 2008 v 01:05 +0530:
> Optimization Kit wrote:
> > On 06/04/2008, Oliver Falk <oliver at linux-kernel.at> wrote:
> >> Optimization Kit schrieb:
> >>  * It's not autotools aware. It's a - sorry, no offense - stupid
> >> install.sh....
> >
> > RPM package should solve this problem
>
> Using Autotools will solve this problem. We can use RPM to workaround
> the problem but that is not really the way to go.
Not using autotools is not a problem at all.  The Fedora rpm macros are
prepared to make packaging software that uses autotools simple, but that
doesn't mean autotools are required.

Some people might want the package build process to be similar to other
packages (at least roughly matching the GNU coding standards), but that
does not necessarily imply using autotools either.
	Mirek