Frequent crashes of PulseAudio

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek jakub.rusinek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 18:33:31 UTC 2008

Hi,

I want to report problem which appeared after upgrading PulseAudio to
Rawhide's version.

GNOME starts PA correctly, but after starting some playback (video or
audio) PA crashes. Same when nothing is playing and I run Evolution.

Part of log:

Apr  7 20:28:09 fedora pulseaudio[5335]: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE,
(31, 31)) failed: Operacja niedozwolona
Apr  7 20:28:09 fedora pulseaudio[5335]: main.c:
setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) failed: Operacja niedozwolona

I didn't set PA to run as system instance or with bigger priority...
Also cpu_limit option is commented.

I can't normally play videos or listen to music, because PA may crash.

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/